Fake bacon comes in a wide variety of styles and textures. Once you try them and find the one you love, you need to know how to use them best. Though my personal favorite is the Morning star farms fake bacon, I choose to use Upton’s seitan bacon (my second favorite) because it is GMO free and it's a local Chicago based company as well. Here are some great ways to use your fake bacon.
|Looks different than real bacon, but makes a great BLT!|
2. 2. Put cooked fake bacon into a BLT or better yet a FBLT (Fake Bacon Lettuce Tomato).
3. 3. Add crumbled fake bacon into a quiche along with Swiss cheese and fresh ground nutmeg. This dish is called Quiche Lorraine a very traditional North Eastern French baked egg pie.
4. 4. Add chopped fake bacon onto baked potato skins with cheddar cheese, sour cream and scallions for vegetarian version of this popular tailgating food.
5. 5. Chopped fake bacon can be added to any salad for a crispy, salty kick.
6. 6. Add cooked fake bacon to a grilled cheese sandwich.