Over the years that I’ve spent cooking I love to find neat little cooking tricks or simple things to make that seem way more complicated and impressive. I also have found that I love to share this with friends and loved ones. And now I want to share it with all the amazing Foodgasm followers.
This one is just a simple recipe for homemade mayonnaise. It’s made very simply in a blender in about 5 minutes or less. The trick is being patient and pouring the oil in very slowly. In this recipe I use champagne vinegar, which can be found at most grocery stores. I love that it has a little tang and zip to it. Then this mayonnaise you can use by it’s self or add pesto to it to make a pesto mayonnaise for sandwiches or wraps. Also adding a sundried tomato paste or spread is a great idea too. These ideas for gourmet mayonnaise are perfect for a BLT (or Fake Bacon BLT if you are vegetarian). It’s also great for any mayonnaise-based salads. You will definitely notice the difference in taste, much better and very Foodgasmic.
This mayonnaise will keep about 3-4 days in the refrigerator, so it’s best to use right away. Hope you enjoy the Zesty Blender Mayonnaise. Let me you’re your favorite way to use and then eat this sassy mayonnaise. Enjoy!
ZESTY BLENDER MAYONNAISE
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste.
- 1 1/2 cups corn or canola oil
- Place the egg yolks in the bowl of the food processor and add the vinegar and mustard. Add salt.
- Turn the machine on and VERY slowly start to drizzle in the oil. Drip, drip, drip until the mixture starts to look like mayonnaise, THEN a slow steady stream of oil can be added. Adjust seasoning level if needed.
- SPECIAL NOTE: If the mayonnaise is too thick you can add a few drops of water or if it is not thick enough, you can with the machine running, add a little more oil.